RENEW EARLY TO SAVE TIME AND MONEY!
All certifications must be renewed prior to their expiry.
As a fitness professional your certification is the backbone to your career. Recertifying on time every year ensures that you will always have an up to date copy of your certification to display, provide to employers, and show clients. A valid certification creates more opportunities for you in terms of employment, promotions, client retention and your personal integrity. It shows your commitment to ongoing education and your dedication to staying in the know with the ever changing fitness industry. A valid certification is also required for liability insurance.
Your canfitpro certification is to be renewed annually. For simplification, your canfitpro membership and certification(s) expire on the same date each year. Certification updates are sent throughout the year and recertification notices are sent out three (3) months prior to the expiry of your membership and certification, and consecutive months leading up to your expiry date. These notices outline the steps necessary for you to keep your certification(s) current.
- Professional canfitpro membership
- Four (4.0) Continuing Education Credits (CECs) issued within the last year
- CPR A issued within the last year (obtained during a live course)
Getting CECs is SIMPLE
There are many ways to earn your annual CECs. To find out all of the different ways please click one of the following two options:
Failure to Meet Recertification Requirements
Adequate CECs, membership renewal and current CPR (obtained during a live course within the last year) are required to maintain an active certification status. We are committed to helping you stay certified.
- If you miss your recertification date and are within one month of your expiration date we will allow you to submit all of your requirements within that month. You will be charged a $20 (+ applicable taxes) fee.
- If you have missed your recertification by more than one (1) month and less than one (1) year, you are able to reinstate your certification by completing a Practical Exam with a PRO TRAINER (live assessment of your knowledge and skills put into practice) and maintain your original certification date. Membership and CPR must be up to date before a new certificate will be issued. A fee of $99 (+ applicable tax) will be required.
- If you have been expired for more than one (1) year you will be required to complete both the theory and practical exams again, your certification date will be adjusted to reflect the new date.
Please note extension fees and reinstatement fees are non-refundable.
We track all your conference activities with us and keep a record of all the CECs you have accumulated. When a Recertification notice is sent to you, all you have to do is confirm the number of CECs we have recorded for each of your certifications. If you have enough CECs to renew, simply renew your annual membership and send us a photocopy of your current CPR (obtained during a live course within the last year).
When the proper Recertification documentation has been received and processed by canfitpro, your new membership card and certificate will be available to print from your online Member Profile within 24 hours.