We are currently seeking PRO TRAINERS to teach our world class Certification programs
WHY BECOME A PRO TRAINER?
You are passionate about health and fitness and want to share that passion by educating others. You are an experienced fitness professional and it's time to take the next step in your career. You want to mentor others and ensure a strong legacy for our industry.
By joining our national team of PRO TRAINERS, you will provide quality fitness and wellness education thereby enhancing the fitness programs available in your local community.
WHAT DOES A PRO TRAINER DO?
canfitpro PRO TRAINERS are ambassadors for canfitpro and experts in their specialty. As a PRO TRAINER you uphold and promote the quality of our programs by conducting certification courses and exams within your local community.
With the help of canfitpro, you organize and promote our certification courses and conduct the theoretical and practical exams. You ensure that the learning experience is fun and educational.
You are a mentor for those entering the fitness industry and you help them successfully begin their career!
WHAT ARE THE PRE-REQUISITES FOR BECOMING A PRO TRAINER?
- A certification, degree, or diploma in a fitness or health related field - i.e. Kinesiology, Health Sciences, Group Fitness , Personal Training,
- Minimum of three years of active experience in your field
- Experience teaching, training and/or coaching within the fitness industry
- Experience teaching adults, presenting workshops and/or conference sessions
- Own a gym or studio or able to provide a guaranteed host location with proper teaching requirements (i.e. classroom for theory, studio or gym for practical)
- Willingness to learn and have the desire to stay up to date in current fitness trends
- Enthusiasm, excitement, and a love for fitness!
WHERE DO I START AND HOW DO I APPLY?
The application process is simple:
- Complete the application form.
- Include a one-page letter of intent describing your qualifications.
- Provide your professional resume and list of 3 professional references.
- Provide copies of your professional certification(s), documents, and CPR you did within the last 12 months (canfitpro requires annual recertification).
- Include a letter of support or guarantee from a confirmed host facility stating that they will be the host facility for future courses and exams.
- Submit a 20 minute video reflective of the certification program you wish to teach (DVD/CD format only):
- 10 minute lecture to fitness professionals on a topic relating to health or fitness (i.e. – Benefits of partner stretching, optimized fat burning, etc.)
- 10 minutes of a practical component (i.e. – Teaching a section of a group exercise class (FIS) or a segment of a personal training session (PTS)
- Submit a professional headshot photo saved in a JPEG, Bitmap, GIF, TIFF or PNG format and a short bio.