- 3/4 cup frozen raspberries
- 1/4 cup frozen blueberries
- 1/4 cup almond milk (or any type of milk, option to use coconut water instead)
- 1/2 banana (can be fresh or frozen)
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- Option: include 1 scoop of protein powder
- 2 tbsp. hemp seeds (topping)
- 2 tbsp. flaked coconut (topping)
- Handful fresh raspberries (topping)
Blend raspberries, blueberries, banana, vanilla, and almond milk together. You will have to blend for 1-2 minutes. Add more water or milk if it’s way too thick (but keep in mind you want that thick sorbet consistency).
Pour or scoop into bowl and top with hemp seeds, coconut, and fresh berries. You can play around with the toppings and add anything you feel like.
This smoothie ‘sorbet’ bowl is packed with fibre, antioxidants, and healthy fats… and it has the added bonus of being berry delicious too!
Angela Wallace is a Registered Dietitian, Personal Trainer, and Family Food Expert specializing in women and child nutrition and fitness. She loves helping families get healthy together. Angela offers various nutrition and exercise consulting options including cooking lessons, meal planning, and weight loss programs.