By Dee Miller, canfitpro PRO TRAINER
Once you’ve tasted one of these, you’ll never want the store bought ones again. Tuck one of these chewy, sweet and nutty bars into your gym bag for a power packed snack on the go.
- 1 cup (250 mL) almond butter
- 1 cup (250 mL) pepitas
- 1 cup (250 mL) Medjool dates, pitted & chopped
- ½ cup (125 mL) dried cranberries
- ½ cup (125 mL) goji berries
- Line a 9×5 pan with plastic wrap, overhanging plastic on edges.
- Whirl almond butter in a food processor, about 4 minutes. Add pepitas, cranberries, goji berries and dates.Whirl until well combined, 2 or 3 more minutes.Press mixture firmly into the bottom of the prepared pan. Cover with plastic wrap; press and roll with a rolling pin or large jar until firm.
- Chill 1 hour.
- Remove from pan and cut into bars.Keep refrigerated up to 2 weeks
- Total Fat 19g
- Saturated Fat 2.1g
- Sodium 7.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrates 29.1g
- Dietary Fibre 4.5g
- Total Sugar 20.5g
- Protein 7.2g
About Dee Miller
Dee is a canfitpro PRO TRAINER and a sought after speaker and educator, regularly presenting at canfitpro events and Cancer Patient Education Conferences. Over the past few years, Dee has received: “Ajax Recreation Volunteer of the Year Award”, has been nominated for “Business Person of the Year”, and CBC’s Champion of Change. Dee (with the help of everyone who voted for her idea) won the Pepsi “Refresh Project” which turned out the Healthy Bites Cookbook – Over 100 Recipes of Healthy Choices for Cancer Survivors.
Dee also holds certifications with ACE, RYT 200, TRX R4, FMA.