Ideal for strength athletes in pursuit of building lean mass, this recovery smoothie is a delicious way to feed your fatigued muscles while reducing inflammation and oxidative damage to your cells. Popularized at the Thrive Energy Lab by those who just spent themselves at the gym.
- 2 Tbsp raw cashews
- 2 Tbsp vegan dark chocolate chips
- 1 Tbsp cacao nibs
- 1 Tbsp raw cashew butter
- 1 Tbsp pitted and chopped Medjool dates
- 1 serving vanilla Vega Sport Performance Protein
- 1 cup unsweetened almond milk (or homemade, page 23)
- ¼ cup agave nectar or maple syrup (optional)
*the optional agave is recommended if your workout has exceeded 90 minutes
- About 2 cups (500 mL) ice cubes
Serves 1. Makes 2 1/4 cups [550 mL]
- In a blender, combine all the ingredients except the ice.
- Add ice to about 1 inch (2.5 cm) above the liquid line.
- Blend on high speed until smooth and creamy.
- Thrive Energy Cookbookby Brendan Brazier
- Publisher: Penguin Canada