- 2 cups raw, unsalted pecans*
- 3/4 cup raw cacao powder
- 6 Medjool dates, pitted
- 1/2 cup organic green raisins
- 1 Tbsp coconut oil
- 1/4 tsp unrefined sea salt
- 3 Tbsp – 1/4 cup coconut water
- 1 cup shredded, dried organic unsweetened coconut flakes
- 1/2 tsp each Ceylon cinnamon, cloves
- Grind pecans in a food processor until they resemble a coarse meal. Add all remaining ingredients, except water. Pulse until well combined.
- Slowly add coconut water to make the mixture moist.
- Roll mixture into balls. Dip each ball into a smaller bowl of coconut flakes and roll until covered.
- Refrigerate for two hours before serving.
*Pecans have the highest ORAC score of all nuts, at 17,940/100 grams.
Written by: Tosca Reno
Tosca is a fitness model, motivational speaker, Oxygen and Clean Eating columnist, best-selling author of “Your Best Body Now, The Eat-Clean Diet® series,” and star of her own reality TV show, and The Start Here Diet.
Photo above by: Kelsey-Lynn Corradetti at KLTC Art