- 1 frozen banana – in chunks (peel ripe bananas, cut into bite size pieces, and freeze until needed)
- 1 cup frozen blueberries
- 1-2 fresh kiwis or ¾ cup pineapple or strawberries or chopped pears
- ½ cup soy, rice, almond, coconut, or organic milk
- ½ cup freshly squeezed orange juice or try RW Knudsen’s black cherry juice
- 2 tbsp almond butter (raw is best – try Maranatha) or ¼ cup raw almonds (soak overnight)
- 1 heaping tsp greens (try Trophic or Ruth’s Hemp Protein Powder with E3 Live and Maca)
- 1 scant tsp of calcium ascorbate (if desired)
- 1 tsp flax or hemp seed oil
- 1-2 tbsp freshly squeezed lemon juice if desired (great liver support)
Combine in a blender and whirl until creamy. Add more nutrition (vitamins/minerals), fibre, and essential fatty acids by topping smoothie with a tbsp of ground flax seeds, hemp seeds, bee pollen, etc.
Double the recipe if needed and add more or less liquid to achieve the desired consistency. The combination of frozen and fresh fruits produces a thick and frosty smoothie I love to eat with a spoon.