Prep time: 5 minutes
Cook time: none
Process time: 3 – 5 minutes
- 2 tsp peeled and minced, fresh turmeric root (use gloves to mince to avoid staining)
- 1 tsp peeled and roughly chopped ginger
- 1 Tbsp local raw honey
- 1 Tbsp coconut oil
- 1/4 tsp unrefined sea salt
- 1 cup plain, unsweetened plant based milk
- Combine all ingredients in a blender (VitaMix, etc.)
2. Process for 3-5 minutes or until desired heat is achieved. A VitaMix will heat up the turmeric milk.
3. Pour into a cup. Drink hot.
Written by: Tosca Reno
Tosca is a fitness model, motivational speaker, Oxygen and Clean Eating columnist, best-selling author of “Your Best Body Now, The Eat-Clean Diet® series,” and star of her own reality TV show, and The Start Here Diet.
Photo above by: Kelsey-Lynn Corradetti at KLTC Art