By Kristina Nel
Yields: 8 big cookies
Preparation time: 15 minutes
Baking time: 12-15 minutes
- 1 ¼ rolled oats
- ¾ cup all-purpose flour
- ¼ cup cricket powder
- ¾ cup raisins
- ½ tsp baking soda
- ½ cup coconut oil, melted
- ½ cup brown sugar
- ¼ tsp salt
- 1 egg
- Preheat your oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Put the raisins in a bowl and cover them with water. Let them soak.
- Add the dry ingredients (rolled oats, flour, cricket powder, baking soda, brown sugar and salt) to a large mixing bowl. Mix well.
- Add the wet ingredients (egg and melted coconut oil) to a small bowl. Whisk together.
- Add the wet ingredients from the small mixing bowl to the dry ingredients in the large mixing bowl. Mix together thoroughly to create the cookie dough.
- Strain the raisins and add them to the rest of the cookie dough. Fold them in.
- Cover a baking tray with parchment paper.
- Divide the cookie dough into 8 round cookies. Place them on the baking tray.
- Bake for 12-15 minutes. Make sure the cookies are golden brown and baked, but still soft on the inside.
- Take the cookies out of the oven and place them on a cooling rack. Let them rest for 15 minutes.
About Kristina Nel
Kristina Nel is the Product Development Manager for Näak. She joined Näak’s dynamic team in January 2019. Kristina graduated from McGill University with a Bachelor’s Degree in Human Nutrition and a concentration in Sports Nutrition in 2017. She also graduated from McGill University with a Master’s Degree in Human Nutrition in 2018, after completing research on endurance runners and their dietary habits. During her university summers, Kristina spent her time tree planting and working different jobs in the reforestation industry. When she isn’t busy coming up with new product ideas and creating content for work, she can be found rock climbing, skiing, or planning her next adventure!