What is a Manager of Events & Event Experience?
As canfitpro’s Manager of Events & Event Experience, your primary role is to develop and lead the events team in the successful execution of canfitpro’s regional conferences and events, as well as our annual flagship convention in Toronto. This role will focus on developing and leading the events team, collaborating with other canfitpro departments to execute the annual events plan, manage event logistics and budgets, lead and guide successful event operations.
What will you be doing?
- Develop, train and manage a team of event planners on the successful execution of canfitpro events. Primary focus of the team is on curriculum build, logistics, registration, exhibit and sponsorship management and volunteers
- Develop, maintain & update operational budgets throughout the year, and meet annual budgetary goals for each canfitpro event
- Oversee the creation and implementation of event logistics timelines and critical paths. Use established timelines & critical paths to strategically delegate tasks to the Event Experience team and help balance workloads
- Hire, train and develop event planners for the team. Be a mentor, providing education, guidance and support for event planners as they learn and grow within the event planning process
- Manage key suppliers & venue relationships, including sourcing, contracting, and negotiating all suppliers. Develop strong supplier management within the team
- Work with key partners on the building educational curriculums for each event. Canfitpro events have a core focus of education for the fitness industry. Work in collaboration with Subject Matter Experts to provide premium through leadership
- Collaborate with the B2B Sales Experience team to define and fulfill all sponsor & exhibitor requirements and ensure their experience at canfitpro events is positive and productive.
- Collaborate with Marketing & Communication Teams on marketing campaigns to drive attendance, branding & messaging requirements at all canfitpro events
- Manage schedule of on-site support at events by assigning roles, communicating and lead onsite execution
- Manage the event evaluation process and prepare post-event analysis that can be distributed to staff and other stakeholders in order to review and improve future events
- Seek out, provide guidance and implement new strategies and techniques for improving the quality of canfitpro events, and the attendee experience
Do you have what it takes?
- Embodies canfitpro’s Values: Customer Mindset, Commitment, Curiosity, Cultivate a Passion for
- Minimum of post-secondary education or equivalent experience in Event Management
- CMP designation is an asset
- 5 + years of experience in Event Management and Logistics
- 2 + years in Event Leadership or Managing an Event Team
- 2 + years Managing Projects including budgets
- Experience and interest in the fitness industry is an asset
- Proven ability to train, develop and mentor a team of event planners
- Customer focused and able to work in a collaborative team environment
- Strong people skills and ability to deliver on objectives with a service minded approach
- Must be able to work in fast pace, changing environment
- Must be able to manage multiple tasks simultaneously
- Capable of producing a high volume of quality work, within tight timelines
- High problem-solving and critical thinking skills
- Must have effective communications skills both verbal and written
- Ability to manage vendor and 3rd party relationships
- This position is based out of canfitpro Home Office at 225 Select Ave. Toronto
- A normal weekday office schedule, occasional evenings and weekends as required
- Occasional off-site work and travel required
Why work for canfitpro?
- FREE Fitness membership and discounted membership for friends and family
- Group benefits plan designed to meet employees’ basic and life-changing benefit needs
- Fun and energetic atmosphere to come to every day!
canfitpro is an equal opportunity employer. Upon request, we will make accommodations available during recruitment to applicants with disabilities.