Recently, we made a promise to stand up and speak out against racism—not just for the near future, but for the long term.
We at canfitpro believe Black lives matter and that each of us has a role to play in opposing racism, injustice and oppression. We are committed to listening and creating space for Black people and people of colour and in turn, we are firm in our efforts at being self-critical of our business, policies and processes as we continue to strive to be better.
Because we are committed to real change against racial injustice and discrimination we have pledged to the following as a starting point:
- creating a Diversity & Inclusion Strategy within canfitpro
- Creation of a Diversity & Inclusion Committee where specific goals will be set and measured. Across the organization, teams will be accountable to uphold these standards.
- Review all processes including recruitment and hiring practices to ensure we are breaking down barriers that stand in the way of diversity. We are committed to evaluating these practices to make canfitpro a welcoming place to work for everyone.
- Include practices and create resources that attract diversity to canfitpro and canfitpro’s community
- Amplifying Black voices. That means increased diversification and representation of Black Creators & People of Colour in our events, videos, webinars, websites, magazines and on our social feeds
- Create authentic and actionable steps for a more inclusive, long-term content strategy by ensuring diversity and inclusive standards are included in our corporate Culture and Values
- Continue to make the time and space to learn how to be actively anti-racist.
- Keep the Conversation Going!
When the hashtags stop trending, canfitpro’s commitment to standing against racism, injustice and oppression won’t end.
We know we haven’t done a good enough job of connecting with our Black community, and we’re going to change that.
If you want to be involved or share your ideas with us, let us know by emailing email@example.com. We want to hear from you!