Diversifying Your Income with Affiliate Marketing
COVID-19 has had a major effect on the fitness industry with gyms closing and trainers out of work. We know that many trainers are currently struggling to make ends meet without a consistent paycheck coming in, and we want to help. One of the best pieces of advice that we can offer to personal trainers is to diversify your income. This means that you would have revenue coming in not only from your training services, but from other avenues as well. Setting up multiple revenue streams, especially some that are passive, can lead to more job security and less work in the long run. None of us could have predicted this pandemic, and none of us know how long it will last, but by diversifying your income, you can feel more secure to get through these trying times.
What is Passive Income?
As a personal trainer, you can only work so many hours. If your only form of revenue is from your training clients, eventually you will reach your max. hours and will no longer be able to increase your revenue. This is where passive income comes in.
Passive income means that you are earning revenue with little to no ongoing work on your part. It is, essentially, passive. Passive income typically requires more work up front to ensure your product or service is set up properly, but eventually you will be able to step back from the project while still continuing to earn revenue from it.
When you diversify your income, you can earn extra cash as well as provide more value to your clients with additional resources and support.
Examples of Passive Revenue Streams for Trainers
- What would you consider to be your area of expertise? Can you write about it in a way that is useful and applicable to others? Determine what area(s) of your expertise will be of value to your audience and create an e-book centered around that idea.
- Pre-Made Workout Programs
- Design a program that can be used by many and sell this on your website.
- Selling branded products, for example clothing or equipment, is a great way to make some extra cash as well as market your personal training business. The equipment can be especially useful for your clients while they are working out from home.
- Affiliate Marketing
- Partner with a brand you trust and offer discounts and trusted recommendations to your clients.
Through affiliate marketing with brand partnerships, you can earn commission for marketing the products of another company. Typically, the company you partner with will give you a discount code for their products that you can share with your clients and community, and you will earn a percentage of sales made using your code..
This is great when offered by a company that you like, use, and trust.
Kaizen Naturals Affiliate Program
Kaizen Naturals is a Canadian manufacturer of proteins and supplements that offers an affiliate program for personal trainers. Support your clients and earn cash back by signing up for the Kaizen Naturals Affiliate Program. With this program, you’ll be given a unique 20% off discount code for kaizennaturals.com that you can share with friends, family, and followers, and you’ll earn 10% cash back on all net sales made using your code.⠀
Feel good about recommending a trusted, natural, Canadian brand of supplements to your clients when they inevitably ask for your recommendation.
Excelling in the Affiliate Program
Authenticity is key to excelling in affiliate marketing. Your clients trust you and your opinion, and it’s vital to stay true to your values by promoting only products that you believe in. With the Kaizen Naturals Affiliate Program, you can use your discount to purchase products for yourself and test them out, if you haven’t already, prior to recommending to your clients.
In order to remain transparent with your followers and clients, you should also disclose that a material connection exists between yourself and the brand with which you are partnering. This relationship disclosure will not only ensure that you are adhering to Ad Standards regulations, but will also maintain the trust between yourself and your clients.
Knowing What to Recommend
The supplements that you recommend will vary from client to client based on their lifestyle and goals, but a good place to start with all clients is with a protein supplement. Protein supplements should be taken post workout in order to begin re-building the muscles that were broken down during your training session.
Some other goals include increasing strength and building muscle, enhancing recovery, increasing energy, and improving nutrient intake. And there’s a supplement that can help progress your clients towards each of these goals.
Supplements are not necessary to see results in the gym. However, they can help your clients
- see results faster
- achieve more
- take their goals further than they thought possible
- find the energy to workout
- recover after workouts
- ensure that they are consuming beneficial nutrients
- fill nutritional gaps
- increase nutrient intake after exercise
- improve poor eating habits.
Need more information on the different types of supplements and their uses? Check out the Kaizen Naturals Beginner’s Guide to Supplements.
There are many ways to market your discount code. The most successful way for you will be different than the most successful way for the next trainer. It will depend on your relationship with your clients, where you are active online, and how you choose to market yourself. Below we’ll list some of our favourite methods.
- Direct recommendations. This is the best and most effective way that we’ve found to market your discount code. When clients are asking for nutritional or supplement advice, you can offer your recommendation and provide them with your discount code.
- Social media marketing. Share your story on social media. Show what supplements you are using and explain when and why you take them. We also recommend adding your discount code into your bio on Instagram so that your clients can refer back to it when they are ready to make a purchase.
- Blog posts. Write a blog post about supplementation and share your discount code within it. Think about what questions your clients might ask and share your answers in the post.
Support from Kaizen Naturals
Here at Kaizen Naturals, we want to help you succeed. We offer a number of marketing support items to get you started, including posters, business cards, and social media graphics, all with your unique discount code on them.
Interested in learning about the other items we can provide? Send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
About Kaizen Naturals
Kaizen means constant never-ending improvement. It is a dedication to deliver innovative products made with the highest standards and quality ingredients. It is a commitment to create naturally clean nutrition, made right here in Canada. After all, we know that in order to live your best life, you need to push boundaries, raise standards and always try your best.
Our goal is to produce trusted, clean nutritional supplements, certified by NSF, the world leader in independent testing. Our products are non-GMO as well as gluten and peanut free.
As we continue to expand and innovate, we do so with cutting-edge research and development, Good Manufacturing Practices and environmentally mindful business practices.