By Dee Miller, canfitpro PRO TRAINER
Once you’ve tasted one of these, you’ll never want the store bought ones again. Tuck one of these chewy, sweet and nutty bars into your gym bag for a power packed snack on the go.
- 1 cup (250 mL) almond butter
- 1 cup (250 mL) pepitas
- 1 cup (250 mL) Medjool dates, pitted & chopped
- ½ cup (125 mL) dried cranberries
- ½ cup (125 mL) goji berries
- Line a 9×5 pan with plastic wrap, overhanging plastic on edges.
- Whirl almond butter in a food processor, about 4 minutes. Add pepitas, cranberries, goji berries and dates.Whirl until well combined, 2 or 3 more minutes.Press mixture firmly into the bottom of the prepared pan. Cover with plastic wrap; press and roll with a rolling pin or large jar until firm.
- Chill 1 hour.
- Remove from pan and cut into bars.Keep refrigerated up to 2 weeks
- Total Fat 19g
- Saturated Fat 2.1g
- Sodium 7.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrates 29.1g
- Dietary Fibre 4.5g
- Total Sugar 20.5g
- Protein 7.2g