Position Title: Certification Experience Manager
Status: Full Time
Reports to: Director of Business Growth
Location: 110-225 Select Ave., Toronto
Send Cover Letter and Resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org
canfitpro is the largest provider of education in the Canadian fitness industry. Founded in 1993 as a voice for all fitness professionals, canfitpro delivers accessible, quality education, certifications, conferences, trade shows, and membership services. canfitpro’s over 24,000 members include some of the world’s best fitness professionals, health club operators, industry suppliers, and fitness consumers.
Our passion is our purpose - canfitpro inspires fitness as a desired career and lifestyle to create positive change in the lives of others.
This role is responsible for the new development and revision of canfitpro certification programs and continuing education courses. This role is also responsible for the availability of canfitpro courses and exams across Canada. This role is responsible for researching unique partnership opportunities as part the growth of product offerings and to meet the needs of the industry and canfitpro members.
Summary of Duties and Responsibilities
- Manages the development and delivery of new and existing canfitpro certification and continuing education products, including but not limited to packaging, pricing, inclusions, materials, sales targets, and promotions:
- Monitors product lifecycles for all certification programs and courses to determine timely and appropriate actions to retire, revise, or refresh a program.
- Facilitates the competitive and comparative analysis based on current industry relevance and provides a summary to the leadership team for approval. 60% / 100%
- Oversees the recruitment, training, and coaching of PRO TRAINERS to support the course availability and growth targets for all instructor led courses.
- Assess customer satisfaction ratings by reviewing data regularly to identify areas of strengths and opportunities.
- Sources, negotiates, and manages key relationships including distribution agreements to and from canfitpro.
- Collaborates with internal teams regularly to achieve annual performance targets and release new programs and courses on schedule.
- Advises Finance & Accounting on new products launches and product price changes that need to be updated for invoicing.
- Supports the Marketing & Communications plan for Certification program promotion.
- Leads monthly sales launch meetings with the Member Experience Team to share promotions, sales targets, and overall support
- Manages, hires, trains, and develops team members for the successful execution and delivery of a high-quality learning experiences.
- Recruits qualified staff to support the needs of the team · Assesses the performance, workload, capacity, and competencies team members to align with team goals and expectations
- Provides mentorship and guidance for role and career development
- Monitors the documentation, updates, and revision of team processes, policies, use of systems, trainings, and handbooks
- Leads team specific annual budget planning and strategic goals by analyzing historical data and planned strategic initiatives to project monthly financial goals.
- Formulates reports on annual targets including key performance indicators and other key indicators to influence year-end targets.
- Provide regular updates to full employee base and key stakeholders.
Who You Are
- Minimum of post-secondary education
- Preferred: Bachelors Degree in Exercise/Health Sciences, Kinesiology or equivalent
- Minimum required: 5+ years in Product or Project Management Experience
- Preferred: 2+ years in Project Management Experience
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Minimum required:
- Experience in the fitness industry as a personal trainer, fitness instructor, or fitness leadership
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong time-management and organization skills
- Able to manage multiple projects
- Computer skills including Word, Excel, Outlook, and PowerPoint.
- Proven ability to train, develop and mentor a team of event planners
- Customer focused and able to work in a collaborative team environment
- Strong people skills and ability to deliver on objectives with a service minded approach
- Must be able to work in fast pace, changing environment
- Must be able to manage multiple tasks simultaneously
- Capable of producing a high volume of quality work, within tight timelines
- High problem-solving and critical thinking skills
- Ability to manage vendor and 3rd party relationships
- Strong listening skills
- Negotiating skills
- Marketing knowledge
- This position is hybrid with in-person and remote working conditions.
- Mainly weekdays, occasional evenings and weekends
- Occasionally work off-site and travel may be required
What’s in it for you?
- To help lead canfitpro in its vision- we aspire to deliver accessible learning experiences to a global audience, making fitness and mental health a part of personal wellness for everyone
- FREE Fitness membership for yourself and a friend/family member
- Group benefits plan designed to meet employees’ basic and life-changing benefits needs
- FREE Zoom yoga, stretching and meditation sessions
- Monthly Diversity, Equity and Inclusion Lunch & Learns to create and support a culture of learning, unlearning and celebrating our differences
- You will receive a paid day off during your birthday month every year
- Associates can apply for a sponsorship to receive funding towards registration of an event that encourages physical fitness
- Your career development is supported through free online learning in all areas of our business and a clear learning path will be personalized for your goals. canfitpro also supports external education related to your current or future role up to $1,000 per year
- canfitpro provides access to our certifications and continuing education at no cost
- Fun and energetic atmosphere to come to every day!
canfitpro is committed to creating a diverse, inclusive and equitable environment to empower and create access and opportunity for all. We welcome applications from people of all underrepresented groups, including (but not limited to) people of any gender, age, or religion, members of the LGBTQIA2+ community, BIPOC and other underrepresented races and nationalities, veterans and anyone who may contribute to the further diversification of canfitpro.
canfitpro is an equal opportunity employer. Upon request, we will make accommodations available during the recruitment process to applicants with disabilities.