Celebrate Chinese New Year on January 25th; also know as the Spring Festival or the Lunar New Year, with a bowl of savoury popcorn. High in fiber, popcorn is a whole grain that is 100 percent unprocessed with no additional additives, hidden ingredients, or GMOs.
- 6 cups popped popcorn
- 2 cups Oriental rice cracker mix
- 3 tbsp. butter or margarine
- 1 tbsp. soy sauce
- 1/2 to 1 teaspoon ground ginger (may vary to taste)
- 1/2 to 3/4 teaspoon sesame oil (may vary to taste)
- Mix popcorn and rice cracker mix together in a large bowl.
- In a small microwave-safe bowl, microwave butter on HIGH until melted, about 20 seconds. Stir in soy sauce, ginger and oil.
- Drizzle over popcorn mixture; toss.
- Spread mixture on a baking sheet and bake in a 300° F oven for 20 minutes, stirring once.
- Allow to cool, serve or store in airtight container.