By Kristina Nel
Yields: 8 big cookies
Preparation time: 15 minutes
Baking time: 12-15 minutes
- 1 ¼ rolled oats
- ¾ cup all-purpose flour
- ¼ cup cricket powder
- ¾ cup raisins
- ½ tsp baking soda
- ½ cup coconut oil, melted
- ½ cup brown sugar
- ¼ tsp salt
- 1 egg
- Preheat your oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Put the raisins in a bowl and cover them with water. Let them soak.
- Add the dry ingredients (rolled oats, flour, cricket powder, baking soda, brown sugar and salt) to a large mixing bowl. Mix well.
- Add the wet ingredients (egg and melted coconut oil) to a small bowl. Whisk together.
- Add the wet ingredients from the small mixing bowl to the dry ingredients in the large mixing bowl. Mix together thoroughly to create the cookie dough.
- Strain the raisins and add them to the rest of the cookie dough. Fold them in.
- Cover a baking tray with parchment paper.
- Divide the cookie dough into 8 round cookies. Place them on the baking tray.
- Bake for 12-15 minutes. Make sure the cookies are golden brown and baked, but still soft on the inside.
- Take the cookies out of the oven and place them on a cooling rack. Let them rest for 15 minutes.