Position Title: Event Experience Manager
Status: Full Time, Permanent
Reports to: Director of Business Growth
Location: 110-225 Select Ave., Toronto
Send Cover Letter and Resume to: email@example.com
canfitpro is the largest provider of education in the Canadian fitness industry. Founded in 1993 as a voice for all fitness professionals, canfitpro delivers accessible, quality education, certifications, conferences, trade shows, and membership services. canfitpro’s over 24,000 members include some of the world’s best fitness professionals, health club operators, industry suppliers, and fitness consumers.
Our passion is our purpose - canfitpro inspires fitness as a desired career and lifestyle to create positive change in the lives of others.
As canfitpro’s Event Experience Manager, you are responsible for developing and leading the Event Experience Team in the successful execution of canfitpro online and in-person events including but not limited to conferences, trade shows, workshops, and webinars. This role will support canfitpro events across Canada and globally as needed. This role will also collaborate with other canfitpro teams to deliver quality experiences and event logistics.
Summary of Duties and Responsibilities
- Manages the full execution of the annual event plan including timelines and unique related tasks to meet the needs of members and customers:
- Determines event type, locations, and objectives aligned with the strategic organizational goals.
- Sources and negotiates with key relationships including suppliers, vendors, and venues.
- Supports the education curriculum build and talent recruitment process for all events.
- Leads the creative collaboration sessions for planned marketing campaigns related to events.
- Reviews and approves all event creative briefs to ensure brand consistency and messaging is maintained with integrity capturing key components such as audience details, dates, and promotional codes / direct links.
- Organizes the onsite staff and volunteer needs including assigning roles and communication
with team leads.
- Collaborates with internal teams to achieve event specific and annual performance targets.
- Collaborates with B2B Sales Experience team for site selection, and for the fulfillment of all sponsor & exhibitor entitlements.
- Supports the Marketing & Communications plan for each Event promotion plan.
- Participates in monthly sales launch meetings with the Member Experience Team to share promotions, sales targets, and to provide overall support.
- Manages, hires, trains, and develops team members for the successful execution and delivery of a high-quality learning and event experiences.
- Recruits qualified staff to support the needs of the team
- Assesses the performance, workload, capacity, and competencies team members to align with team goals and expectations
- Provides mentorship and guidance for role and career development
- Monitors the documentation, updates, and revision of team processes, policies, use of systems, trainings, and handbooks
- Leads team specific annual budget planning and strategic goals by analyzing historical data and planned strategic initiatives to project monthly financial goals.
- Formulates reports on annual targets including key performance indicators and other key indicators to influence year-end targets.
- Provide regular updates to full employee base and key stakeholders.
Who You Are
- Minimum of post-secondary education or equivalent experience in Event Management
- Preferred - Event Management/Planner Designation
- 5+ years’ experience in an event supervisor or management role
- 5+ years in event management and event planning, or related disciplines
- 2+ years Managing Projects including budgets - preferred
- Experience and interest in the fitness industry is an asset - preferred
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Strong listening skills
- Negotiating skills
- Marketing knowledge
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong time-management and organization skills
- Able to manage multiple projects
- Computer skills including Word, Excel, Outlook, and PowerPoint.
- Proven ability to train, develop and mentor a team of event planners
- Customer focused and able to work in a collaborative team environment
- Strong people skills and ability to deliver on objectives with a service minded approach
- Must be able to work in fast pace, changing environment
- Must be able to manage multiple tasks simultaneously
- Capable of producing a high volume of quality work, within tight timelines
- High problem-solving and critical thinking skills
- Ability to manage vendor and 3rd party relationships
- Experience and interest in the fitness industry is an asset
- Ability and willingness to embody canfitpro’s Core Values: Customer Mindset, Commitment, Curiosity, Cultivate a Passion for Fitness, Caring Community
- This position is currently on a work from home basis and the canfitpro Home Office is at 225 Select Ave. Toronto
- Mainly weekdays, occasional evenings, and weekends
- Occasionally work off-site and travel may be required
What’s in it for you?
- To help lead canfitpro in its vision- we aspire to deliver accessible learning experiences to a global audience, making fitness and mental health a part of personal wellness for everyone
- FREE Fitness membership for yourself and a friend/family member
- Group benefits plan designed to meet employees’ basic and life-changing benefits needs
- FREE Zoom yoga, stretching and meditation sessions
- Monthly Diversity, Equity and Inclusion Lunch & Learns to create and support a culture of learning, unlearning and celebrating our differences
- You will receive a paid day off during your birthday month every year
- Associates can apply for a sponsorship to receive funding towards registration of an event that encourages physical fitness
- Your career development is supported through free online learning in all areas of our business and a clear learning path will be personalized for your goals. canfitpro also supports external education related to your current or future role up to $1,000 per year
- canfitpro provides access to our certifications and continuing education at no cost
- Fun and energetic atmosphere to come to every day!
canfitpro is committed to creating a diverse, inclusive and equitable environment to empower and create access and opportunity for all. We welcome applications from people of all underrepresented groups, including (but not limited to) people of any gender, age, or religion, members of the LGBTQIA2+ community, BIPOC and other underrepresented races and nationalities, veterans and anyone who may contribute to the further diversification of canfitpro.
canfitpro is an equal opportunity employer. Upon request, we will make accommodations available during the recruitment process to applicants with disabilities.