What is a Finance & Accounting Manager?
The Finance & Accounting Manager is responsible for ensuring the integrity of financial information through the monitoring and maintenance of processes, reporting and reconciliation responsibilities. This role oversees and leads the Finance and Accounting Team.
As a leader, the Manager leads by example and sets clear vision for the team, demonstrating fair decision making and providing necessary resources and direction to make team and individual performance goals attainable. Excellent leadership and people skills are essential.
What will you be doing?
- Recruit, hire, direct train and develop a staff of 4 full-time associates
- Oversee Accounts Receivable, Accounts Payable, Finance and Accounting function
- Work closely with other leaders to complete budgets and forecasts accurately and timely
- Communicate budget decisions and revisions to leaders
- Develop policies and procedures to implementing budget
- Research and follow up of variance to budget
- Make strategic recommendations to the business leaders
- Analyze refine, implement and document departmental controls, policies and procedures to include best practices
- Maintain the setup of General Ledger accounts and ensure financial reporting is appropriately updated
- Ensure accuracy of revenue and expense items on monthly and annual financial statements
- Maintain A/P and A/R account reconciliation
- Timely and accurate administer all bonus and commission payments
Do you have what it takes?
- Post-Secondary Degree or equivalent experience in Business Administration, Finance or Accounting
- At or near completion of CPA/CMA designation or equivalent experience
- 3 + years previous experience in an accounting position
- 3 + years previous experience in a leadership position
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft Office with intermediate Excel skills
- Strong leadership and decision-making skills
- Solid analytical and problem solving
- Exemplary time management, planning and organization skills
- High level of motivation, a positive attitude and the ability to work in an ever-changing environment
- Ability to manage and effectively prioritize projects
- Knowledge of Great Plains, Quick Books and Moneris POS is an asset
- Capacity to communicate effectively and establish and maintain professional working relationships with all levels of the organization as well as with external suppliers and customers
Why work for canfitpro?
- FREE Fitness membership and discounted membership for friends and family
- Group benefits plan designed to meet employees’ basic and life-changing benefits needs
- Fun and energetic atmosphere to come to every day!
canfitpro is an equal opportunity employer. Upon request, we will make accommodations available during recruitment to applicants with disabilities.