Position Title: Graphic & Web Designer
Status: Full Time, Permanent
Reports to: Marketing & Communications Manager
Location: 110-225 Select Ave., Toronto
Send Cover Letter and Resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org
canfitpro is the largest provider of education in the Canadian fitness industry. Founded in 1993 as a voice for all fitness professionals, canfitpro delivers accessible, quality education, certifications, conferences, trade shows, and membership services. canfitpro’s over 24,000 members include some of the world’s best fitness professionals, health club operators, industry suppliers, and fitness consumers.
Our passion is our purpose - canfitpro inspires fitness as a desired career and lifestyle to create positive change in the lives of others.
The Graphic & Web Designer is responsible for maintaining the visual impact of canfitpro in all mediums. This role is responsible for developing and monitoring the graphic & web design and production elements including managing the public-facing website for canfitpro.com, creating video/motion graphics for any ad campaigns, building landing pages and automation flows in Dynamic 365, as well as managing and owning the Cloudways server.
Summary of Duties and Responsibilities
Lead the production, graphic & web design in storyboarding and concepts layouts for core media items (websites, emails, landing pages, Brochure, ads, etc.) including reviewing materials
- Maintain website accuracy including product and promotions, Policies, and codes
- Server management; owning Cloudways server, pushing the staging site to live every day and liaising with support for any technical issues.
- Build web forms, landing pages, customer voice surveys and Power Apps flows
- Ensure advertising, promotion, and marketing of canfitpro materials align with strategic initiatives
- Creating video/motion graphic assets for marketing campaigns
- Support artwork approvals, guidance with the team and overall branding strategy
Research, and collaborate in the development, planning, and execution of strategic visual marketing vision regarding positioning, branding, marketing and communication plans, both long and short term (includes web, electronic, social media, print)
- Create & edit appropriate content for canfitpro’s communication channels (including but not limited to social media, email, print, etc).
- Monitor and report website statistics and provide suggestions for improvements in the future
All aspects of project management from scheduling, through to design and layout, attending photo/video shoots, developing, and managing program content and production.
- Identify new and innovative ways to measure marketing and advertising outcomes to improve ROI
- Liaison with external agency for digital media to execute strategies for driving traffic to websites
Who You Are
- Minimum Required: Post-secondary education or equivalent experience in Graphic Design and Web Design
- Minimum Required: 2+ years in marketing, Web designing, or related disciplines
- Preferred: Experience and interest in the fitness industry is an asset
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Proficient software skills including Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign, Code editing tools like Dreamweaver or sublime text or visual studio code, Acrobat, MS Office Suit
- Working Knowledge of SSH and Server management
- Intermediate to Expert knowledge of Dynamics 365 Marketing or similar marketing automation tool for emails. Landing pages, forms, customer voice surveys and Power Apps flows.
- Experience with Asana project management tool
- Intermediate to expert knowledge of WordPress
- Knowledge of typography and color theory
- Intermediate Video Editing and Motion graphics skills (Adobe Premiere & After Effects)
- WordPress and Dynamics 365 Marketing landing pages
- Intermediate knowledge of Microsoft applications, marketing automation platforms (Dynamics 365 Marketing), CRMs (MS Dynamics), WordPress-
- Will be an asset: Working knowledge of social media managers (Later.com, Social Sprout)
- This position is currently on a work from home basis. The canfitpro Home Office is located at 225 Select Ave. Toronto.
- Mainly weekdays, occasional evenings and weekends
- Occasionally work off-site and travel may be required (currently paused due to the pandemic)
What’s in it for you?
- To help lead canfitpro in its vision- we aspire to deliver accessible learning experiences to a global audience, making fitness and mental health a part of personal wellness for everyone
- FREE Fitness membership and discounted membership for friends and family
- Group benefits plan designed to meet employees’ basic and life-changing benefits needs
- FREE Zoom yoga, stretching and meditation sessions
- Monthly Diversity, Equity and Inclusion Lunch & Learns to create and support a culture of learning, unlearning and celebrating our differences
- You will receive a paid day off during your birthday month every year
- Associates can apply for a sponsorship to receive funding towards registration of an event that encourages physical fitness
- Your career development is supported through free online learning in all areas of our business and a clear learning path will be personalized for your goals
- canfitpro provides access to our certifications and continuing education at no cost
- Fun and energetic atmosphere to come to every day!
canfitpro is committed to creating a diverse, inclusive and equitable environment to empower and create access and opportunity for all. We welcome applications from people of all underrepresented groups, including (but not limited to) people of any gender, age, or religion, members of the LGBTQIA2+ community, BIPOC and other underrepresented races and nationalities, veterans and anyone who may contribute to the further diversification of canfitpro.
canfitpro is an equal opportunity employer. Upon request, we will make accommodations available during the recruitment process to applicants with disabilities.