Position Title: Member Experience Manager
Status: Full Time, Permanent
Reports to: Vice President of Operations
Location: 225 Select Ave., Toronto
Apply to: firstname.lastname@example.org
canfitpro is the largest provider of education in the Canadian fitness industry. Founded in 1993 as a voice for all fitness professionals, canfitpro delivers accessible, quality education, certifications, conferences, trade shows, and membership services. canfitpro’s over 24,000 members include some of the world’s best fitness professionals, health club operators, industry suppliers, and fitness consumers.
Our Passion is our purpose - to inspire healthy living through fitness education.
As canfitpro’s Member Experience Manager, your primary role is to increase the growth of canfitpro’s membership and provide excellent service to our members. You will supervise the membership experience team to ensure quality service, sales, and communications. You will be responsible for the quality of canfitpro’s brand as it is experienced through all levels of membership.
Summary of Duties and Responsibilities:
- Develop and execute canfitpro’s products and services related to membership
- Supervise the teams that prospect, promote, and sell memberships and renewals via various conduits (phone calls, emails, live chat and mailings) in a call-center environment
- Develop ways of improving the membership program so to further meet the needs and goals of our existing and prospective members
- Responsible for the overall direction, coordination, and evaluation of this unit
- Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; performance management of employees; addressing feedback and resolving issues
- Analyze, forecast and create membership budgets and concurrent timelines
- Build relationships and rapport between canfitpro and fitness professionals, fitness clubs and their staff, colleges and universities, etc.
- Collaborate with marketing on membership engagement campaigns and nurture the sense of community for canfitpro members
- Provide support for membership communication (e-Newsletters, social media and processes, implement membership promotions)
- Work closely with the certifications department, ensuring the member experience team is meeting the needs of certified members
- Work closely with all other departments to coordinate product knowledge training sessions for staff on new programs and their implementation
- Provide a positive membership experience during all points of contact
Who You Are:
- Minimum of post-secondary education
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Exemplary leadership, written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent interpersonal, time management, planning and organizational skills
- Excellent sales, service, mentoring, and coaching skills adapted to both inbound and outbound call teams
- Sound decision making skills, demonstrated initiative, and attention to detail
- Ability to problem solve, manage change, and consistently act as a role model
- Ability to forecast, plan, and be creative
- Sound judgment, problem solving, analytic and decision-making skills
- Ability to multi task, build relationships, and adapt to changing situations
- Knowledge of the fitness industry
Proficiency in the use of computers for
- Sound computer skills to include Word, Excel, Outlook, Power Point, Access and internet.
- Bonus points for experience working with Customer Relationship Management (CRM) and/or call center technology
- 3 or more years management experience in a result driven role and meeting sales goals
- Experience working in a membership driven organization
- Experience and interest in the fitness industry is an asset
- Establish and maintain professional working relationships with all levels of the organization
- Mainly weekdays, occasional evenings and weekends
- Occasional travel to include one day and overnight stays (currently suspended as per COVID guidelines)
What’s in it for you?
- To help lead canfitpro in its purpose—to inspire healthy living through fitness education
- FREE Fitness membership and discounted membership for friends and family
- Group benefits plan designed to meet employees’ basic and life-changing benefits needs
- Zoom yoga, stretching and meditation sessions
- Monthly Diversity, Equity and Inclusion Lunch & Learns to create and support a culture of learning, unlearning and celebrating our differences
- Fun and energetic atmosphere to come to every day!
canfitpro is committed to creating a diverse, inclusive and equitable environment to empower and create access and opportunity for all. We welcome applications from people of all underrepresented groups, including (but not limited to) people of any gender, age, or religion, members of the LGBTQIA2+ community, BIPOC and other underrepresented races and nationalities, veterans and anyone who may contribute to the further diversification of canfitpro.
canfitpro is an equal opportunity employer. Upon request, we will make accommodations available during the recruitment process to applicants with disabilities.