Position Title: IT Service Desk Analyst
Status: Full Time, Permanent
Reports to: IT Manager
Location: 110-225 Select Ave., Toronto
Send Cover Letter and Resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org|
Application Deadline: April 15th, 2022
canfitpro is the largest provider of education in the Canadian fitness industry. Founded in 1993 as a voice for all fitness professionals, canfitpro delivers accessible, quality education, certifications, conferences, trade shows, and membership services. canfitpro’s over 24,000 members include some of the world’s best fitness professionals, health club operators, industry suppliers, and fitness consumers.
Our passion is our purpose - canfitpro inspires fitness as a desired career and lifestyle to create positive change in the lives of others.
This role is responsible for providing first level IT technical support and resolution of incidents and service requests for end-users. The role is also responsible for the creation, maintenance and/or participation of knowledge base articles and/or documentation for Service Desk use. Deployment support for end-user devices to ensure stability and security is another responsibility of the role.
Summary of Duties and Responsibilities
- Provides technical support to canfitpro end-users via multiple channels to evaluate, prioritize and resolve reported issues with hardware, software, networking, and other computer-related technologies.
- Independently aim to achieve First Call Resolution (FCR) and First Level Resolution (FLR) of support issues and attempt to fix issues before escalating to the next support level.
- Responsible for responding and resolving assigned issues to ensure timely resolution within defined Service Level Agreements (SLAs).
- Responsible for logging all technical issues in canfitpro's ITSM solution and maintaining historical records and related documentation.
- Escalation of issues to appropriate IT staff when required.
- Administration of end-user hardware and access.
- Setup and deploy new and replacement end-user hardware/peripherals
- Administration of end-user accounts across varying systems and software
- Onboarding, role changes and off-boarding of canfitpro associates
- Responsible for deploying software updates for end-user devices – including those which address
- Use of canfitpro’s software updates deployment and vulnerability management tools
- Responsible for creating and maintaining IT knowledgebase articles in canfitpro's ITSM solution
- Manage and monitor IT assets to ensure accurate inventory records.
- Appropriate logging and maintenance of asset details in canfitpro's ITSM solution.
Who You Are
- Minimum required: Post-Secondary diploma in Information Technology plus 2 years relevant experience
- Preferred: 3-year (or greater) degree in Computer Science or related field
- Minimum required: 2 years of
- Windows desktop operating systems, Microsoft Office products and Windows Active Directory
- Working knowledge of administrating Microsoft 365 cloud services
- Able to troubleshoot basic network issues
- Experience with IT ticketing systems
- Preferred: 3 – 5 years
- Working knowledge in computer hardware and software configuration
- Understanding of policies and procedures as it relates to Information Services
- Experience working in an IT Service Management (ITSM) oriented environment such as ITIL
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Minimum required:
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent analytical and troubleshooting skills (must be able to clearly report and document resolutions in detail)
- Excellent customer service skills
- Excellent time management, planning and organizational skills
- Ability to act individually and work together with others as part of a team
- Possess the ability to recognize critical situations and discern when to apply a sense of urgency
- Ability to proactively identify problems
- CompTIA A+
- Microsoft 365 Certified: Modern Desktop Administrator Associate
- ITIL Foundation
- This position is based out of canfitpro Home Office at 225 Select Ave. Toronto
- Mainly weekdays, occasional evenings and weekends
- Occasionally work off-site and travel may be required (currently paused due to the pandemic)
What’s in it for you?
- To help lead canfitpro in its vision- we aspire to deliver accessible learning experiences to a global audience, making fitness and mental health a part of personal wellness for everyone
- FREE Fitness membership for yourself and a friend/family member
- Group benefits plan designed to meet employees’ basic and life-changing benefits needs
- FREE Zoom yoga, stretching and meditation sessions
- Monthly Diversity, Equity and Inclusion Lunch & Learns to create and support a culture of learning, unlearning and celebrating our differences
- You will receive a paid day off during your birthday month every year
- Associates can apply for a sponsorship to receive funding towards registration of an event that encourages physical fitness
- Your career development is supported through free online learning in all areas of our business and a clear learning path will be personalized for your goals. canfitpro also supports external education related to your current or future role up to $1,000 per year
- canfitpro provides access to our certifications and continuing education at no cost
- Fun and energetic atmosphere to come to every day!
canfitpro is committed to creating a diverse, inclusive and equitable environment to empower and create access and opportunity for all. We welcome applications from people of all underrepresented groups, including (but not limited to) people of any gender, age, or religion, members of the LGBTQIA2+ community, BIPOC and other underrepresented races and nationalities, veterans and anyone who may contribute to the further diversification of canfitpro.
canfitpro is an equal opportunity employer. Upon request, we will make accommodations available during the recruitment process to applicants with disabilities.