By Marni Wasserman
Prep Time: 30 minutes
½ cup tamari
1 cup apple juice
½ -1 cup orange juice (2 oranges)
4 cloves of garlic, peeled and crushed
2 tablespoons Dijon Mustard
2 tbsp lemon juice
1 tbsp toasted sesame oil
8-10 oz of organic chicken breasts
12 skewers (Skewers may be placed in a bowl of cold water for 30 minutes to reduce charring)
1 tablespoon arrowroot or tapioca, dissolved in 2 tablespoons apple juice
6-12 large cremini mushrooms, stemmed and cut in half
½ zucchini cut half in lengthwise, then into ½ inch slices
1-2 large onions cut into thick chunks (sliced in half lengthwise and then quartered)
- Whisk together marinade ingredients in mixing bowl; pour into medium pot.
- Cut the chicken and add to the marinade. Bring marinade to a boil, lower heat and simmer covered for 20 minutes. Drain and pat dry, reserving marinade.
- When chicken reaches room temperature, cut into small chunks.
- Bring reserved marinade to a boil in a small saucepan; whisk in dissolved tapioca, stirring constantly until sauce comes back to a boil and becomes thick. Use sauce for kebobs.
- Place vegetables and chicken on skewer in order of your choice and then brush with marinade on baking tray.
- Place the kebobs on a heated and lightly oiled grill and cook for approximately 3-5 minutes on each side.
- Brush them occasionally with vegetable marinade as they cook.
- Remove from grill and place on a platter and serve.