Juicing is a great way to get all your vitamins and minerals in one shot. Even though juicing can be beneficial it may also increase your blood sugar levels due to loss of fibre from the fruits and vegetables. Those with blood sugar issues or diabetes should avoid juicing sweet fruits and vegetables as it may worsen the existing condition.
I like to juice first thing in the morning, this is when the liver is most receptive and will encourage detoxification.
- 1 Apple
- Juiced apples are a good source of quercetin, an antioxidant. A good source of Vitamin C which helps with collagen production, which means it will take care of your skin, ligaments and your immune system
- 1 Medium Beet
- Beets are amazing for the liver, regulating homocysteine levels, and are rich in B-complex vitamins
- 1 Carrot
- High antioxidant content and rich in vitamin A, this helps nourish your skin
- 2″ Piece Ginger
- Ginger is a great digestive super food and an antioxidant
- Parsley or Coriander
- Parsley is a great anti-inflammatory and coriander may balance blood sugar levels
- 2-3 Celery Sticks
- Celery will balance electrolytes, especially after a workout
- 1 Cucumber
- High water content, hydrating, rich in minerals and vitamins
- Optional: Add almond milk for a post-workout drink
Juice all ingredients, pour into a glass, and enjoy!