canfitpro has an incredible fit fam, and we want everyone to know.
If you have a special talent – whether it’s singing or ventriloquism – we want you to blow us away!
Take a chance and show us and our fit fam what you’ve got!
- The Contest will run from September 10, 2020 to Friday, October 30 at 11:59:00 pm EST.
- Videos must be 30 seconds – 1 min (60 seconds) in length.
- Videos with violence and offensive language will not be eligible.
- Upload your video to YouTube or Instagram. Other submissions will not be considered.
- Use both hashtags in your entry: #canfitprosgottalent & #canfitpro2020
- canfitpro will choose and contact two (2) finalists on Friday, November 6, 2020.
- You must be available to attend the Virtual Delegate Reception on November 14 for the live poll, at which point the winner will be announced!
The winner will receive the following prizes:
VIDEO AUDITION BEST PRACTICES FOR SUCCESS
- Be yourself – everyone is unique and we want YOU to shine through your submission.
- Film in landscape mode.
- Choose a space with a background that is appealing and relatively clutter free. Blank walls are best, do not be in front of windows which can throw off lighting (avoid windows in front of you).
- Try to be in a well-lit room with lots of natural light or at least ‘white’ lights for best quality. If possible, try to have light set up in front of you around the same height as your face. Best case scenario is lots of natural light in the room, and two ‘spotlights’ at shoulder height, each at a 45-degree angle from you and out of camera shot.
- Avoid having any bright lights behind or above you in the shot, especially uncovered windows.
- Check your framing in the camera ahead of time to make sure you fit in the space properly along with what else is in the camera’s field.
- Be aware of what is in your camera field and how to center yourself in that field.
- Avoid large empty rooms (with wood floors and glass walls) as this causes the sound to bounce around.
- Speakers on high create an awkward sound circle. You may have heard something like this listening to the radio when a caller doesn’t turn their radio down first.
- Relocate your pets and children to another space.
- Try to minimize the chance for outside noise by closing doors and windows in the room.
TERMS & CONDITIONS
THESE RULES ARE THE STANDARD TERMS AND CONDITIONS APPLICABLE TO THE CONTESTS AND GIVEAWAYS ADMINISTERED BY CANFITPRO. THE CONTESTS ARE INTENDED TO BE CONDUCTED IN CANADA ONLY AND SHALL BE CONSTRUED AND EVALUATED ACCORDING TO APPLICABLE CANADIAN LAW. NO PURCHASE IS NECESSARY. VOID IN WHOLE OR IN PART WHERE PROHIBITED BY LAW. ENTRY IN THE CONTESTS CONSTITUTES ACCEPTANCE OF THESE CONTEST RULES (THE “CONTEST RULES”).
- No purchase necessary to enter the Contest.
- How to Enter: To enter the Contest, complete the following three (2) tasks on your Instagram or YouTube account: a) Submit a PG-rated video of your talent between 30 seconds and one (1) minute in length. Longer entries will not be accepted. b) Include the hashtags “#canfitpro2020” and “#canfitprosgottalent” on your post;
- Eligibility: This Contest is open only to those with a valid Instagram or YouTube account and submits their video entry through either channel. This Contest is open to all legal residents of Canada, who are of the age of majority in their province or country of residence as of the date of entry and is void where prohibited by law. Employees of canfitpro, its affiliates, subsidiaries, advertising and promotion agencies, and suppliers, (collectively the “Employees”), and immediate family members and/or those living in the same household of Employees are not eligible to participate in the Contest. The Contest is subject to all applicable federal, provincial, and local laws and regulations. Void where prohibited.
- Agreement to Rules: By participating, the Contestant (“You”) agree to be fully unconditionally bound by these Rules, and You represent and warrant that You meet the eligibility requirements. In addition, You agree to accept the decisions of canfitpro as final and binding as it relates to the content of this Campaign.
- Campaign Period: Entries will be accepted online starting on September 9, 2020 at 9:00:00 EST and ending October 23, 2020 at 11:59:00 EST. All online entries must be received by October 23, 2020 at 11:59:00 EST.
- Prizing: Prize consists of a prize pack including one (1) canfitpro membership for one (1) year; one (1) ticket to a canfitpro 2021 event; one (1) performance commitment for a canfitpro 2021 event;
- canfitpro has the right to use and re-purpose any images, videos or audio recordings from all entries as canfitpro sees fit.
- The two (2) finalists will be notified on Monday, November 2, 2020. If you are selected as a finalist, you must be available to attend the canfitpro 2020 November Virtual Delegate Reception Event on November 14; and submit a new video which is one (1) minute (or 60 seconds in length) which will be aired during the Event. The winner will be chosen based on a live audience poll during the canfitpro 2020 Virtual Series November Event. Chances of winning the Prize depends on the total number of entries submitted during the Promotion Period.
In addition, canfitpro reserves the right to render ineligible any person that canfitpro determines, in its sole discretion, is sufficiently connected with the production, administration, judging, or distribution of the Contest such that his or her participation in the Contest could create the appearance of impropriety.
I understand and agree that canfitpro has the sole discretion to make determinations of eligibility, and that canfitpro reserves the right to change any of the eligibility requirements at any time. canfitpro may, at any time and in its sole discretion, require proof of my identity and/or eligibility. I hereby represent and warrant that I meet all of the requirements listed above.
- Limitation of Liability: By entering, You agree to release and hold harmless canfitpro and its subsidiaries, affiliates, advertising and promotion agencies, partners, representatives, agents, successors, assigns, employees, officers, and directors from any liability, illness, injury, death, loss, litigation, claim, or damage that may occur, directly or indirectly, whether caused by negligence or not, from: (i) such entrant’s participation in the Contest and/or his/her acceptance, possession, use, or misuse of any prize or any portion thereof; (ii) technical failures of any kind, including but not limited to the malfunction of any computer, cable, network, hardware, or software, or other mechanical equipment; (iii) the unavailability or inaccessibility of any transmissions, telephone, or Internet service; (iv) unauthorized human intervention in any part of the entry process or the Promotion; (v) electronic or human error in the administration of the Promotion or the processing of entries.