Children's Fitness Coach
This course provides any individual working directly with children, aged 7-12, the knowledge and skills necessary to safely and effectively provide physical activity programs to this unique population.
We all know physical activity and exercise can deeply impact long term health. But did you know that physical activity in children is more than just preventing obesity? It’s about improving physical, mental, social, and emotional development. As fitness professionals working with children, our main focus should always be creating positive early fitness experiences to encourage lifelong participation. Instructors, physical educators, and coaches must be properly trained and have experience with teaching physical activity to children. Become the resource for the most recent information, activity choices and program design relevant to this age group today!
- An in depth look into the child developmental process (i.e., physical, emotional, social, and mental maturity)
- The benefits and risks associated with various types of fitness
- Practical guidelines for design and implementation of an exercise program
Reasons you should register today:
- Break common myths surrounding children’s fitness
- Differentiate how children respond to exercise versus adults
- Discuss the early motor development in children and how it relates to exercise
- Provide appropriate guidelines for strength and cardiovascular training within this unique population
- Review and explain current information about fitness considerations for children
- Receive practical advice for developing fitness programs for children
- Develop a specialized approach to exercise and activity for children
3 PTS 3 FIS 3 HWL CECs for successful course completion
1 PTS 1 FIS 1 HWL CECs upon successful quiz completion
This is an online program.