Women Who Influence
"Sharon Mann Inspiration” Award
The Women Who Influence Sharon Mann Inspiration Award and Scholarship celebrates the legacy of our industry friend and colleague, the late Sharon Mann. Sharon was a fitness icon, inspiring instructor and presenter, and entrepreneur who worked in every facet of the fitness industry during her illustrious 30+ year career. This award recognizes a woman who exemplifies what Sharon Mann stood for, believed in, and lived: personal courage, growth mindset, influence, inspiration, and community impact.
We are now accepting applications for the Sharon Mann Inspiration Award and Scholarship 2023!
The nomination deadline is Friday, April 14, 2023
The application submission deadline is Sunday, April 30, 2023
The Award Package
One-year canfitpro membership / membership renewal
Feature on the Women Who Influence webpage
canfitpro press release
A ticket to the canfitpro VIP party
Registration to the 9th Annual Women Who Influence event
Registration to the canfitpro Global conference
2 hours of executive coaching with canfitpro's COO Maureen "Mo" Hagan
A feature in the canfitpro’s magazine as part of the Women Who Influence article
Nominate a fitness professional (or yourself) whom you feel fits the eligibility requirements by completing the application forms
- If you nominate a Fitness Professional, your nomination must be submitted by: Friday, March 31, 2023
- If you nominate yourself or complete an application after being notified of a peer nomination, your application must be submitted by: Sunday, April 30, 2023
Register for the 9th Annual Women Who Influence event, August 2023 to celebrate the award winner
How to Complete Your Application
Complete a short essay – providing a brief story on your contributions, based on the nominee requirements. Your essay must be 500 words max. Please include how you demonstrate inspiration in the following areas:
- Personal Courage: self-development, trust in yourself/abilities/talents and strengths, being integral with your words and actions, bravery to see things through, and cultivating self-awareness
- Mindset: critical thinker, how you provide new ways to be innovative in this new world
- Influence and Inspiration: how you transform goals into actions, out of the box thinking, your passion to fuel and your drive for results
- Community Impact: enthusiasm for building communities, influence and encourage diversity and inclusivity, empowering change through innovative leadership
Provide a 1-3 min video about why and how you embody the essence of this award.
(Photos can be in embedded into your video clips, but you must appear on camera for a minimum of 50% of the time)
Provide two photos: one headshot and one photo portraying you ‘in action’
Provide a short bio, 50 words or less about yourself (include, social media handles, website link, only if applicable)
STOP: BEFORE YOU SUBMIT ONLINE
To qualify your application for judging you must provide all items requested in the application process. Any application with missing items will be disqualified. Open or print this checklist to help guide you.
Award Winner 2022:
Congratulations to Kim Basler for being the first-ever recipient! Kim is an Online Food Freedom & Mindset Coach, and a canfitpro certified fitness professional, with over 25 years’ experience in the fitness industry. In 2021 Kim was named canfitpro Delegates’ Choice New Presenter of the Year. Kim specializes in disordered eating and body diversity and is committed to changing the way the world measures their self-worth. Kim has courageously challenged the status quo and opened doors for new and different approaches to achieving fitness and health, inside and out. Meet Kim: @kimbasler_foodfreedom