GET THE TOOLS YOU NEED TO START CHANGING LIVES
canfitpro provides a variety of learning experiences including virtual or in-person courses with an expert PRO TRAINER.
Get started as soon as you purchase your certification package with the Personal Training Specialist (PTS) self-directed education.
There is money to be made as a Personal Trainer and the more you prepare for your certification, the faster you will find success. canfitpro will get you there.
*Early Bird Rates apply to registrations received more than three (3) weeks prior to the scheduled start date of the event.
**The Non-Member Rates include a one-year canfitpro Professional membership.
SAVE TIME & STUDY EFFECTIVELY FOR EXAMS
Your certification package includes:
- Review the material from the course manual via interactive activities to assess your knowledge in addition to chapter review questions and quizzes
- Topics reviewed include:
- Skeletal Anatomy
- Muscular Anatomy
- Multiple choice questions and case studies are used for the assessment
- A minimum passing grade of 80%
- 3-Hour time duration to complete
- Exam feedback is provided at instructor’s discretion
- Your PRO TRAINER will provide you a case study and you will create a periodized program and lead a client through a session
- Bring someone to the Practical Exam to be your ‘client’ and walk them through the session
- 45 - 60 minutes session
- 80%+ required to pass
- Feedback provided, by your PRO TRAINER, outlining both areas you did well and those to improve
Increase your knowledge and confidence to train clients.
Topics included in the Personal Training Specialist (PTS) program:
- Fitness, wellness, and training principles
- Nutrition and bioenergetics
- Cardiorespiratory, skeletal, and muscular system anatomy and function
- Flexibility, mobility, and fascia
- Passive and dynamic assessments
- Periodized program design and delivery
- The business of personal training
- Behaviour change and coaching principles
- Motivational Interviewing and client relationship tools
- Includes virtually and in-person concepts
- Diversity, equity and inclusion components throughout to recognize, and create, a more inclusive training environment
THE PERSONAL TRAINING SPECIALIST EXAMS
We recommend you attempt the Theory Exam approximately 3 – 5 weeks after finishing the virtual or in-person course. This provides adequate time to prepare for the exam.
The Theory Exam:
- Multiple choice questions
- Written client case study
The Practical Exam:
- An actual workout with a client, evaluated by your PRO TRAINER, either in-person or virtually
- Assesses theoretical knowledge, rapport building, and practical application of fitness theory