Accessible Customer Service Policy
This policy is intended to meet the requirements of Accessibility Standards for Customer Service, Ontario Regulation 429/07under the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005, and applies to the provision of goods and services to the public or other third parties, not to the goods themselves.
canfitpro and its PRO TRAINERS will strive to provide services in a manner consistent with the principles of dignity, independence, integration and equal opportunity.
- This policy applies to the provision of goods and services owned and operated by canfitpro and PRO TRAINERS and third parties that act on behalf of PRO TRAINERS, The section of this policy that addresses the use of guide dogs, service animals and service dogs only applies to the provision of goods and services that take place at premises owned and operated by canfitpro and the host location used by the PRO TRAINER.
- This policy shall also apply to all persons who participate in the development of canfitpro’s policies, practices and procedures governing the provisions of goods and services to customers of the public or the third parties.
Assistive Device – is a technical aid, communication device or other instrument that is used to maintain or improve the functional abilities of people with disabilities. Personal assistive devices are typically devices that customers, prospective customers or guests bring with them such as a wheelchair, walker or a personal oxygen tank that might assist in hearing, seeing, communicating, moving, breathing, remembering and/or reading.
Disability – The term disability includes:
- Any degree of physical disability, infirmity, malformation or disfigurement that is caused by bodily injury, birth defect or illness and, without limiting the generality of the foregoing, includes diabetes mellitus, epilepsy, a brain injury, any degree of paralysis, amputation, lack of physical co-ordination, blindness or visual impediment, deafness or hearing impediment, muteness or speech impediment, or physical reliance on a guide dog or other animal or on a wheelchair or other remedial appliance or device
- A condition of mental impairment or a developmental disability
- A learning disability or dysfunction in one or more of the processes involved in understanding or using symbols or spoken language
- A mental disorder or
- An injury or disability for which benefits were claimed or received under the insurance plan established under the Workplace Safety and Insurance Act.
Guide Dog – Is a highly-trained working dog that has been trained to provide mobility, safety and increased independence for people who are blind.
Service Animal – An animal is a service animal for a person with a disability if:
- It is readily apparent that the animal is used by the person for reasons relating to his or her disability or
- If the person provides a letter from a physician or nurse confirming that the person requires the animal for reasons relating to the disability.
Service Dog – A dog other than a guide dog for the blind is a service dog if:
- It is readily apparent to an average person that the dog functions as a service dog for a person with a medical disability or
- The person who requires the dog can provide on request a letter from a physician or nurse confirming that the person requires a service dog.
Support Person – A support person means, in relation to a person with a disability, another person who accompanies him or her in order to help with communication, mobility, personal care, medical needs or access to goods and services.
THE PROVISION OF GOODS AND SERVICES TO PERSONS WITH DISABILITIES
canfitpro and its PRO TRAINERS will make every reasonable effort to ensure that its policies, practices and procedures are consistent with the principles of dignity, independence, integration and equal opportunity by:
- Ensuring that all customers receive the same value and quality
- Allowing customers with disabilities to do things in their own ways, at their own pace when accessing goods and services as long as this does not present a safety risk
- Using alternative methods when possible to ensure that customers with disabilities have access to the same services, in the same place and in a similar manner
- Taking into account individual needs when providing goods and services and
- Communicating in a manner that takes into account the customer’s disability.
canfitpro and its PRO TRAINERS will make every reasonable effort to provide accommodation for persons with disabilities in a timely manner. In some cases, additional time will be required to make necessary arrangements and canfitpro may require up to six (6) weeks notice in order to process accommodation requests.
Persons with disabilities may use their own assistive devices as required when accessing goods or services provided by canfitpro and its PRO TRAINERS. The provision, use and safety of personal assistive devices are the responsibility of the person with a disability.
In cases where the assistive device presents a safety concern or where accessibility might be an issue, other reasonable measures will be used to ensure that customers are able to access our services.
GUIDE DOGS, SERVICE ANIMALS AND SERVICE DOGS
Customer with a disability that is accompanied by guide dog, service animal or service dog will be allowed access to premises that are open to the public unless otherwise excluded by law. “No pet” policies do not apply to guide dogs, service animals and/or service dogs.
If a guide dog, service animal or service dog is excluded by law (see applicable laws below) canfitpro and its PRO TRAINERS will offer alternative methods to enable the person with a disability to access goods and services, when possible (for example, securing the animal in a safe location and offering guidance).
There may be rare circumstances where, for reasons of health and safety of another person, allowing a person with a disability to enter premises accompanied by a service animal needs to be considered. An example of such a situation may include where a person is allergic to animals and adversely affected if they are in close proximity to a service animal. If deemed necessary, a risk assessment will be conducted by canfitpro or the PRO TRAINERS. The risk assessment will include identifying the risks inherent with the service animal being in the area of concern and identifying alternate measures available to enable the person with a disability to access canfitpro or the PRO TRAINERS’s services.
The Health Protection and Promotion Act, Ontario Regulation 562 Section 60, normally does not allow animals in places where food is manufactured, prepared, processed, handled, served, displayed, stored, sold or offered for sale. It does allow guide dogs and service dogs to go into places where food is served, sold or offered for sale. However, other types of service animals are not included in this exception.
Dog Owners’ Liability Act, Ontario: If there is a conflict between a provision of this Act or of a regulation under this or any other Act relating to banned breeds (such as pit bulls) and a provision of a by-law passed by a municipality relating to these breeds, the provision that is more restrictive in relation to controls or bans on these breeds prevails.
RECOGNIZING A GUIDE DOG, SERVICE DOG AND/OR SERVICE ANIMAL:
If it is not readily apparent that the animal is being used by the customer for reasons relating to his or her disability, canfitpro and/or the PRO TRAINER may request verification from the customer, which may include:
- A letter from a physician or nurse confirming that the person requires the animal for reasons related to the disability
- A valid identification card signed by the Attorney General of Canada or,
- A certificate of training from a recognized guide dog or service animal training school.
CARE AND CONTROL OF THE ANIMAL:
The customer that is accompanied by a guide dog, service dog and/or service animal is responsible for maintaining care and control of the animal at all time. The safety and clean up of the service animal is also the responsibility of the person with a disability.
If a customer with a disability is accompanied by a support person, canfitpro and the PRO TRAINER will ensure that both persons are allowed to enter the premises together and that the customer/member is not prevented from having access to the support person.
Support persons will be required to sign a liability waiver, where deemed necessary. In addition, support persons are permitted to enter canfitpro office(s) and the PRO TRAINERS locations for the purposes of providing assistance to customer with a disability only.
There may be rare circumstances where, for reasons of health and safety, canfitpro and the PRO TRAINER may require a person with a disability to be accompanied by a support person when accessing services at canfitpro and the PRO TRAINERS’ premises. For example, a customer with a brain injury or mental disorder may be prone to confusion, outbursts or agitation that are best handled by individuals who are properly trained or familiar with the person with a disability.
Where it is necessary to discuss confidential information with a customer, the customer’s consent will be obtained prior to discussing such information with the support worker present.
NOTICE OF DISRUPTIONS IN SERVICE
Service disruptions may occur due to reasons that may or may not be within the control or knowledge of canfitpro or the PRO TRAINER. In the event of any temporary disruptions to facilities or services that customer’s with disabilities rely on to access or use canfitpro or the PRO TRAINER’S goods or services, reasonable efforts will be made to provide advance notice. In some circumstances such as in the situation of unplanned temporary disruptions, advance notice may not be possible.
NOTIFICATIONS WILL INCLUDE:
In the event that a notification needs to be posted the following information will be included unless it is not readily available or known:
- Goods or services that are disrupted or unavailable
- Reason for the disruption
- Anticipated duration and
- A description of any alternative services or options.
When disruptions occur canfitpro and the PRO TRAINER will provide notice by:
- Posting notices in conspicuous places including at the point of disruption, at the main entrance and the nearest accessible entrance to the service disruption and/or on canfitpro and the PRO TRAINER’S website
- Contacting registrants for certification courses or exams
- Verbally notifying customers when they are registering for certification courses or exams
- Any other methods that we may determine are reasonable in the circumstances.
canfitpro and its PRO TRAINERS will provide customers with the opportunity to give feedback on our delivery of services. Information about the feedback process will be readily available through canfitpro, or by contacting our people department. Feedback forms along with alternate methods of providing feedback such as verbally (in person or by telephone) or written (hand written, delivered, website or email), will be available upon request.
Customers can submit feedback to:
- Any Associates within our locations
- By contacting our People Department at 1.800.667.5622 x 261
- Via mail to People Department, c/o canfitpro, 110-255 Select Ave, Toronto, ON, M1X 0B5
- By email to email@example.com
Customers who wish to provide feedback can complete a customer feedback form upon request. Verbal feedback can be submitted via phone to any canfitpro Associate.
Customers that provide formal feedback will receive acknowledgement of their feedback, along with any resulting actions based on concerns or complaints that were submitted.
Where possible, feedback will be addressed immediately. Some feedback may, however, require more effort to address and may need to be reviewed before an action is taken. canfitpro and its PRO TRAINERS will respond as soon as possible in such circumstances.
TRAINING WILL BE PROVIDED TO:
- All associates, volunteers, agents and/or contractors who deal with the public or other third parties that act on behalf of canfitpro and,
- PRO TRAINERS who deal with the public or other third parties that act on behalf of the PRO TRAINER and,
- Those who are involved in the development and approval of customer service policies, practices and procedures.
Training for canfitpro Associates and PRO TRAINERS pertaining to this policy will cover the following:
- A review of the purpose of the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005
- A review of the requirements of the Accessibility Standards for Customer Service, Ontario Regulation 429/07
- Instructions on how to interact and communicate with people with various types of disabilities
- Instructions on how to interact with people with disabilities who:
- Use assistive devices
- Require the assistance of a guide dog, service dog or other service animal or
- Require the use of a support person (including the handling of admission fees).
- Instructions on what to do if a person with a disability is having difficulty accessing our services.
- canfitpro’s policies, procedures and practices pertaining to providing accessible customer service to customers with disabilities.
- Training will be provided new PRO TRAINERS who deal with the public or act on canfitpro’s behalf, new Associates, volunteers, agents and/or contractors who deal with the public or act on our behalf.
- For new PRO TRAINERS, training will be a part of the PRO TRAINERS Training Camp Resource. For new associates, training will be a part of the training schedule and will need to be completed within their first ninety (90) days of employment with canfitpro.
As legislation, procedures and/or practices may change form time to time; canfitpro reserves the right to amend, change, and delete this policy from time to time in its sole discretion.
NOTICE OF AVAILABILITY AND FORMAT OF DOCUMENTS
canfitpro and its PRO TRAINERS shall notify customers that the documents related to the Accessibility Standard for Customer Service are available upon request and in a format that takes into account the customer’s disability. Notification of such availability will be given by posting the information in a conspicuous manner on canfitpro and its PRO TRAINERS’s website.
If you have questions or concerns about this policy or its related procedures please contact our People Department:
- By phone at 1.800.667.5622 x261 or
- By email at firstname.lastname@example.org
*This policy and its related procedures will be reviewed as required in the event of legislative changes.
We will identify the purposes for which personal information is collected by us at or before the time the information is collected.
Personal information is information that can be used to identify and/or contact you as an individual. This includes such information as your name, e-mail address, mailing address, telephone number, banking information, credit card number, and the like.
Personal information is the information that relates to you, that identifies you as a member or customer of canfitpro, and that allows us to provide services directly to you. We ask you for your personal information so that we can:
- Understand your needs;
- Determine your admissibility for our products and services;
- Inform you about our products and services, that we believe may be of interest to you;
- Invite you to participate in member surveys or other opinion gathering devices; or
- Comply with the law.
Of course, you can choose not to provide us with some or all of your personal information. However, this choice may prevent us from providing you with the product, services or information that you requested or that could be offered to you.
We may also combine your personal information with that of other individuals to create aggregate data which we will use to, for example, improve our products and services and develop new ones. Aggregate data is general information about groups of customers but not about you as an individual.
Your knowledge and consent is required for the collection, use, or disclosure of your personal information. We only collect, use or disclose personal information for the purposes we believe you would consider appropriate under the circumstances. When you become a member, delegate, course or exam participant of canfitpro, we will use your name and address for general mailing and renewal purposes. We believe you would also expect us to contact you to advise you of new and existing services and benefits that may be of interest to you. From time to time, we will inform you of such services and benefits via direct marketing. Direct marketing material is usually delivered to you by mail, telephone or electronic means.
THIRD PARTY DISCLOSURE
canfitpro is not in the business of selling member information to others. canfitpro contracts with trusted companies to act on our behalf to fulfill certain functions. The names, addresses and telephone numbers of our customers may be transmitted to a trusted third-party mailing service in order to inform you of products and services that we offer (or that we and our partners jointly offer) and that we believe may be of interest to you. We may also provide information to a reputable third party advertising company for the purpose of developing future campaigns and gathering survey information. We may require our partners to have a policy in place that complies with the requirements of the applicable federal or provincial privacy legislation in Canada .
Except as set out in this policy, or as required by law, canfitpro does not sell or disclose any of your personal information to any other organization and canfitpro will not transmit personal information to third parties without first obtaining your written consent to do so. canfitpro may, however, disclose information in the following cases:
- to our lawyer;
- to a police force, if required by law;
- to a person authorized by a law or collective agreement;
- to a government agency which can oblige us to do so;
- in emergency situations in which life, health or safety of a member is in danger;
- to all other persons authorized by law;
- to another person for the development, enhancement, marketing or provision of any of canfitpro product or services that we believe may be of interest to you;
- to an agent retained by canfitpro in connection with the collection of your account;
- to a person who, in the reasonable judgment of canfitpro, is seeking information as your agent; or
- to a third party or parties, where the member or customer consents to such disclosure.
As you browse canfitpro.com, advertising cookies will be placed on your computer so that we can understand what you are interested in. Our display advertising partner, AdRoll, then enables us to present you with retargeting advertising on other sites based on your previous interaction with [company website]. The techniques our partners employ do not collect personal information such as your name, email address, postal address, or telephone number. You can visit this page to opt out of AdRoll’s and their partners’ targeted advertising.
LIMITING USE, DISCLOSURE, AND RETENTION
We do not use or disclose your personal information for any purposes other than those for which it was collected, except with your consent or as required by law.
Your personal information is retained only as long as necessary for the fulfillment of those purposes. canfitpro does not keep your personal information if it is no longer needed for the purposes required or as required by law.
Your personal information is kept as accurate, complete, and up-to-date as is necessary for the purposes for which it is to be used.
We protect your personal information by using safeguards that are appropriate to the sensitivity of the information.
OUR EMPLOYEES’ RESPONSIBILITIES
Each of our employees is responsible for maintaining the confidentiality of all personal information to which they have access. We keep our employees informed about our policies and procedures for protecting personal information. Where necessary, our employees are required to sign agreements to keep your personal information confidential.
KEEPING YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION CONFIDENTIAL
Your personal information is secure within canfitpro. We have comprehensive security controls to protect against non-authorized access, use, alteration, duplication, destruction, or disclosure.
We will make our policies and practices relating to the management of your personal information available to you.
In order to fulfill requests for personal information records or to answer any questions or address any concerns individuals may have about privacy, canfitpro has designated a privacy officer. In addition to answering inquiries, the privacy officer is also responsible for ensuring that the Policy requirements and related procedures are being met.
All inquiries or complaints regarding privacy should be directed to the privacy officer by mail, FAX or email at the addresses below. All inquiries will be responded to within 30 days from the date at which the canfitpro privacy officer has received the inquiry. canfitpro can refuse access to a file in certain circumstances.
c/o Privacy Officer
110-225 Select Ave
M1X 0B5 CANADA
Attention: Privacy Officer
ACCURACY OF YOUR FILE
You can ask to delete or correct information contained in your file. The request for correction must be made by writing to us, either by mail at the above-mentioned address or by fax at the above-mentioned number or by e-mail at the above-mentioned e-mail address. canfitpro has 30 days to reply.
You can address any challenge concerning our compliance with this Policy to our Chief Privacy Officer.
Professional Member Code of Ethics
(The code of ethics set by canfitpro were based on repscanada’s code of ethics)
As a canfitpro professional member, I am committed to abide by the following:
- I will provide appropriate assistance to any person with an interest in pursuing a fitness pro
- I will communicate in a genuine, honest, and professional manner.ram and healthy lifestyle.
- I will not discriminate against any client or participant on such grounds as age, gender, weight, disability, marital status, national, or ethnic origin, political affiliation, race, religion, sexual orientation, or socioeconomic status.
- I will be open to giving and receiving constructive feedback from participants, clients, peers, and allied health professionals.
- I will collaborate with other fitness and health professionals in the best interests of clients, participants, and the community.
- I will protect and respect the confidentiality of all professional fitness relationships at all times.
- I will engage in lifelong learning to maintain and improve my professional knowledge, skills, and abilities.
- I will respect business, employment, and copyright laws.
- I will meet or exceed my education provider’s professional standards and refer individuals t care professionals when necessary, if applicable.the appropriate health
- I will recognize that the self-regulation of the fitness profession is a privilege and that each professional member has a responsibility to uphold this privilege and to support the industry.
- I will comply with canfitpro’s Non-Compliance, Complaint, and Appeal Process:
- In the event that a complaint is lodged against a professional member for non-compliance of the canfitpro Code of Ethics, such a complaint will be reviewed by canfitpro for consideration of sanctions against the professional member.
- If the complaint represented is of a potentially criminal or illegal nature the appropriate authorities will be contacted to take over the investigation to pursue the legitimacy of the complaint.
- If review of the complaint exceeds 60 days, canfitpro reserves the right to suspend or revoke the enrolment and certification of any professional member; reprimand or issue a formal warning; or take such other action as canfitpro may consider appropriate and fair to the issues raised.
- If action is taken against the professional member, canfitpro will, within 14 days, issue written notice of the action taken and the professional member’s right to appeal, to all parties.
- If any party of a complaint is dissatisfied with the ruling by canfitpro, an appeal may be filed with canfitpro in writing within 14 days of the ruling.
- Acknowledgement of receipt of the appeal will be sent within 30 days after the date it is received.
- canfitpro will review all appeals and a final, binding decision will be reached no later than 90 days after the appeal has been filed.
- I will act in a professional manner at all times, understanding that I represent the fitness and health industry.
- I recognize that failure to follow the Code of Ethics will result in immediate removal of my canfitpro professional membership and certification designation (if applicable).