Lemon Coconut Energy Balls Recipe
By Shelby Stover
Gluten Free and Vegan – Makes 8 balls
Having healthy snacks on hands is crucial for busy days! These lemon coconut energy balls are loaded with nutrients, easy to pop in your mouth and will help keep you fuelled as you run out the door.
I’m a firm believer in helping my clients find something that is simple for them when it comes to their health goals. And there’s nothing simpler than a no bake snack you grab and go!
These no bake, gluten free, vegan balls comes together quickly and are loaded with nutrients. They’re naturally sweetened with dates and the coconut and chia seeds contain some healthy fats, and thanks to the fresh lemon juice, they’re also a bit uplifting which makes them a pretty awesome midday snack.
Plus, they require zero baking, which is a win with most of my clients! Whip up a batch or two and keep them in the freezer for busy days. Dates don’t freeze solidly so you can just pop these into your mouth right out of the freezer. However, most people prefer to have them sit at room temperature for a few minutes.
Paired with a piece of fruit, these no bake balls are an energy boosting snack to help keep you moving. They’re also the perfect size for little hands. Kids love these balls because they’re sweet and I, as a mom, love them because there’s no added sugar!
- 1 C dates, soaked for 20 minutes in warm water
- 1 TBS water (from the soaked dates)
- 1/8 cup + 1/8 cup unsweetened, shredded coconut, divided
- 1/3 C oat flour
- 1 TBS fresh lemon juice
- 1 TBS chia seeds
- In a food processor, blend the dates and the water until mostly smooth (leaving behind some chunks is perfect!).
- In a large bowl, combine all ingredients, saving 1/8 cup coconut for later.
- Mix until everything is combined.
- Use your hands to portion and roll the mixture into 8 balls.
- Place the remaining coconut onto a plate and roll the balls in it to coat them. You’ll have to press down slightly for the coconut to stick.If you want to skip this step for time, just add the coconut into the mixture with everything else!
- Place the balls in the freezer for one hour to set.